90% of global consumers are mobile first. As consumers get used to their mobile experiences, they expect brands to be just as responsive. Brands that create friendly, intuitive technology will win loyal customers. Could you be missing out on valuable opportunities?
Many organizations are building their own mobile applications to expand their business and overall reach. In view of the times we are in, people are taking up new technologies faster and are seeking new ways of providing their services. With the increasing number of people trying to virtually do things, mobile app development is obvious to any type of business nowadays.
In the current business situation, a substantial proportion of the industries invest in development plans and their competitiveness against their rivals. With technology, companies depend largely on simplifying their complicated business procedures. This is mostly why many companies prefer mobile applications to maximize the value of their businesses.
So what are some of the industries that would significantly benefit from the increased mobile app usage?
Let’s take a look.
Mobile App for Healthcare
Let’s talk numbers: The healthcare sector mobile application market was estimated at USD 17.92 billion in 2019 and is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 45.0 percent from 2020 to 2027. Impressive no? The rise of digital transformation has revolutionized the way companies do business and the healthcare industry is being greatly affected by this digital transformation model. Fortunately, we live in the Tech Age
As a result, the implementation and accelerated adoption of mobile health (mHealth) technology has grown at a rapid pace, powered by widespread use among patients and doctors. Fitness and medical applications continue to lead the demand for mobile healthcare apps and have greatly led to industry growth.
- Top 4 healthcare advantages of mobile apps:
- Enhances collaboration and communication between patients and doctors by helping patients and healthcare provides more easily access, transfer and update personal information and medical records.
- Provides benefits with cost time savings for both hospitals and patients – Allowing patients to quickly access essential health records saves time and resources, which may minimize extra patient costs such as excessive hospital visits. It also saves money on hospitals by reducing paper consumption and waste.
- Enhances the management of data – Healthcare companies handle a large amount of personal records, which must be carefully organized. As mHealth systems are combined with Electronic Health Record (EHR), they automatically record patient data and information from wearables or connected devices in the system. This enables healthcare providers to build accurate profiles for each patient.
- Allows to monitor patients 24/7 – It is impossible to keep an eye on patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Wearables and smartphone apps that serve as interfaces for wearable devices are the alternative. Anything from blood pressure and heart rate to glucose levels and sleep quality is monitored. Patient supervision helps both patients and physicians: patients may get urgent assistance, and doctors still have complete oversight of their patients’ welfare. Communication also becomes easy, thanks to chat rooms and telemedicine.
See some of our healthcare mobile app projects for AVIVO and Oman Insurance here.
Mobile App for Education
Mobile applications in the education industry have made learning interesting and easily accessible for students. Students are now more driven to use a mobile device for learning as the availability of numerous educational mobile apps such as Coursera, Duolingo, Shaw Academy, Udemy, Khan Academy, etc. increased the willingness to improve and acquire new skills. With a mobile phone, a student can have access to knowledge from all around the world at their convenience and access to information has become more convenient than ever. Learning is an ongoing activity and now the focus has turned to eLearning totally.
- Ways in which mobile apps can help the education industry:
- Interactive learning – For students, learning subjects on the mobile app helps to bridge the communication gap between students and teachers. Duolingo has incorporated a variety of interactive learning methods, one of which is chatbot. If students have questions, one can immediately ask away and the chatbot will respond with suitable answers and provide assisting materials. Even if students are not satisfied, they can call for assistance, and the bot will connect them to a relevant teacher who is available.
- Learn anywhere/e-learning – Learning has become much more convenient with the introduction of e-learning apps. Students no longer need to carry books everywhere they go. They can learn simply by going online, and have access to all the reading materials regardless of where they are located.
- Pre-recorded lectures – Recorded lectures can be extremely beneficial to students. Teachers can record lectures and make them available to students via mobile apps. Students can use the app with loaded content from teachers to catch up on missed lectures or as a revision tool for assessments and exams.
- Collaborative learning – Using advanced tools, mobile apps can take collaborative learning to the next level. For example, students can improve documentation of learning and feedback by utilizing features such as voice recorders, cameras, word processors, and interactive drawing tools. They can share each element with others, allowing for meaningful interaction that deepens learning.
Ecommerce Mobile Apps
84% of customers in physical stores use their smartphones for information on goods and comparing prices, according to “Think with Google”. Mobile app technology has now become an important component to enhance the user experience and to provide each customer with different alternatives and personal recommendations for a personalized shopping experience. In Stanford’s survey, the result showed that almost half of the people in the millennial group downloaded an ecommerce mobile app.
- Here are some advantages of mobile applications in retail
- Leverage geolocation tech – For brick and mortar businesses, geolocation is an effective technique that helps them identify potential clients from the crowd. Retail mammoths like Walmart, Tesco and Target leverage geolocation to help shoppers identify the nearest store in the area and other needed information.
- Launch loyalty programs – No more hassle of carrying discount cards everywhere, with the help of mobile apps businesses can let their customers get access to exclusive offers, discounts, early-bird specials and more. Businesses can send birthday coupons, build special discounts on their customers’ favorite goods/services based on their past purchases.
- Retarget via push notifications – Push based apps can predict shopper needs, providing relevant information based on their interests. If a shopper shows affinity towards a certain product, the app can automatically send updates about price, available discounts, etc.
- Hassle free payments – Payments through a mobile app offers maximum convenience for shoppers, for ex: customers can pay for goods without carrying cash by adding their card details to the app and making payments on the go. And it also has the ability to let customers make purchases right at the comfort of their home and their choice of device.
Mobile App for Travel and Tourism
Over the years, the tourism industry has grown stronger. The statistical figures are predicted to increase to an estimated $260.5 billion throughout the following decade. At this time, the figures amount to US$ 147.7 billion. These data are sufficient to show that the tourist sector has a prosperous and profitable future. And mobile apps are starting to play a large part in the digital transformation journey of travel and tourism businesses.
- Following are some of the many reasons why mobile apps are necessary for the travel & tourism business
- Seamless booking options – Mobile apps allow travelers to make reservations in a single click regardless of where they are at that point. The reason why mobile apps have begun trending within the travel industry. From destination booking to all kinds of additional tasks such as booking tickets, reserving lodges, information on local places to visit, etc. businesses can offer the support to travelers via mobile apps.
- Smooth transactions – Since the advent of mobile apps a lot of tourism businesses have been moving away from paperwork processes to digital processes. With a mobile app in place businesses can allow users to save soft copies of tickets, hotel reservations and other important documents in their mobile phones itself. It also provides users with options for online payments.
- Benefits of search engine power – Most travelers do a lot of research before booking a destination, they browse for their desired locations and the services offered by a specific business. Apps that are optimized for local SEO serve users by offering localized suggestions based on their preferences. The apps also utilize mobile location insights to optimize user experience and efficiency of planning.
- Potential marketing tool – Businesses can enhance their visibility and presence with the help of mobile apps that are competitive in nature. In order to stand out, businesses should follow the SoLoMo trend of utilizing social media and local platforms to connect with their users.
Take a look at one of our hospitality mobile app projects for Atlantis.
Mobile App for Entertainment
The range of the media and entertainment industries has gone beyond any other industry and are extremely digitized and available online across regional borders. The way individuals consume materials has changed considerably with mobile apps. Every entertainment content and news is currently available online. Applications like Netflix and Amazon Prime are highly popular and useful. They help to provide consumers with a tailored and high-quality experience.
- Here are the top 4 advantages of mobile app usage in the entertainment sector
- Helps build brand visibility – A user spends around 3-4 hours on an average on their mobile phone which serves to be the best time businesses can use to grab users’ attention. With the help of mobile apps, brands can frequently update users with new offers, discounts and much more which will remind them about a brand’s existence and scale the visibility thereafter.
- Fostering user engagement – Mobile applications have the highest engagement rate, and according to research they generate higher conversion rates ranging from 100%-300% when compared to standard mobile optimized sites. The entertainment apps can keep users busy even during odd hours since people consume more than 50% of data during their free time.
- Push notification for more conversion – Mobile apps let users know the latest updates on their favorite shows, photos, new video supplements, premium discounts or anything relevant for that matter through push notification by providing a personalized experience.
- Eliminate piracy – For many years now, the media and entertainment industry have incurred huge losses because of pirated/duplicate content. After the arrival of mobile apps people largely inclined towards spending on original content due to the minimal monthly cost, content available in HD quality, access to unlimited content, etc.
In this blog we learnt about only a few industries. Today, however, practically all sorts of companies may profit from developing bespoke mobile applications depending on their needs.
The mobile app is the fastest-growing and most popular way for users to interact with your brand. Our deep expertise and broad experience in application development, user experience design and e-commerce enable us to provide custom mobile solutions for all industries to enhance customer satisfaction, drive business growth and bring in profitability. Reach out to an expert and get a free consultation.